Saturday, December 7, 2013

8 days from seeing my new son - a post from a soon-to-be dad

Can you believe it?  In just 8 short days and probably less due to the time zone difference, I will get to see my new son for the first time.

As all new fathers, I have dreams of lifting him in the air and his smile and laughter melting my heart.  However, this is the first time for welcoming my new son into my life who has already "been around the block" a few years.

I would love for him to run into my arms when we see him the first time, I want to tell him something between him and myself only while I embrace him and we both have tears of joy…  I am nervous about his reaction.  With it be tears of job… or tears of dread / fear

I know… I know…  Most of our friends who have adopted have told Kristen and I to expect the worst - Him not coming to us, him being scared.  My son, Jesse Fu Lian, scared of his dad, truthfully kills me.

However, as we prepare to travel to China, I am excited about this opportunity, nervous about how our lives will change, nervous about his thoughts of Washington as he sees his new life just 6 weeks after a tornado.

What I do know… God only gives us what we can handle.  What HE KNOWS we can handle.  We as a family need to focus on his love for us to get us through this transition.

As we are about to leave, please pray for us for the following things:

* Travel Safety / Making all connections throughout the visit / handling the jet lag
* Easy Adoption process
* Health
* Having the right expectations
* Bonding as a new family of 7

The journey is almost complete - now, life is about to start!!!  With GOD, all things are possible!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment