Monday, October 7, 2013

Gone but never forgotten

My children's great grandmother went to meet Jesus face to face on Sunday.  What a celebration it must have been.  I think of the song, "I Can Only Imagine"by Mercy Me and believe that Grandma G was thrilled to be home, finally!

Grandma G has prayed for many years to go home to her Lord and Savior and would always ask why the Lord kept her here. You see, Grandma G, has faithfully said her rosary and continual prayers for as long as I can remember, and I am convinced that her job (praying for her friends and family) wasn't done until now.  We needed her prayer as much as she needed to be praying.  And at the tender age of 102, the Lord has relieved her of this duty and called her home.

We are saddened by the loss of this witty, spunky, independent lady who had a streak in her to do things her way!  And we all loved her for her honesty, witty comments and devotion to the Lord.  We are saddened to not be able to hear the stories of her life, and living through the great depression and having an actual 'ice box' and volunteering at the local hospital for 1,000's of hours throughout her life. But, we are excited to be celebrating her life this week, as we gather with friends and family to remember the matriarch of the family and her desire to love her family selflessly.

I wish Jesse would have gotten a chance to meet this remarkable woman in person, but I know they will meet in heaven.  We will tell stories and share pictures so he will know of her.  I am glad the rest of my children have pleasant memories of a great grandmother who was clever, amusing and spirited.  Her spirit will certainly live on forever and my prayer is that we can all be as faithful in our praying as she has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment